Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finally booked a flat today. A cool half million for a HDB flat. Sigh... Seriously doubt its going to have any resale value or significant price appreciation for this area, its probably going to be another one of my poor investment choices. 80% loan at 2.6% HDB HL rate for 30 years. Monthly installment ~$1600/mth. 400,000 compounded 30 years equivalent ~$860,000. Seriously craaaaaaazy.....

End of the day, I suppose I should stop thinking of it so much of an investment but more as a home. Even if it never appreciates in price, I suppose its somewhere I'm willing to live in until I die. Welcome to a life of mediocrity, a life of middle income class.

Gotta start working harder. 3 more years to completion, 2 more years at most for me to really start saving up. Earn as much as I can, hopefully by then I would have upped my corporate rank and basic pay so that can move on to the next stage into a less stressful department and still have a comfortable enough income to maintain the lifestyle i want a family.

A family... kinda a scary thought.

By the time the house is completed, need to get married...... so.. finally came to this...

The thought of it is pretty daunting. I'm always someone who values privacy. I love being alone, hate crowds, doesn't like socializing. All the wedding dinners, ceremonies, photo taking etc... the thought of it alone is enough to put me off.. add to it the yearly cny dinners, birthdays, festives and what nots... its like my perpetual nightmare x2.

I wish I didn't have to go through all these.

But that's how life is I suppose..

That's how my life is now and going to be.

This is it.

I wish I still dared to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment