Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Singapore

Happy birthday to my country.

The country where I was born, bred and will probably die in.

I don't love you as much as I used to, but I know it isn't really your fault.

You are just a country, a land mass, where I had lived all my life.

It isn't your fault that it is now being run by dogs and going down the hill.

It isn't your fault that you are now being trampled over by masses of barbarians with uncouth manners not to mention intelligence.

I bear arms for you once, I would have given my life to defend you and its people once, but nowadays, it just doesn't seemed worthwhile anymore.

I would never do you harm, but I don't know if you will do the same for me.

As much as I loved it here once, I will leave you now at the first opportunity that comes knocking.

Enjoy your 'birthday'

No comments:

Post a Comment