Saturday, September 19, 2009

No ERP charges at some gantries

When I saw this headline in the Today newspaper, I thought it was because of the public holiday this weekend or the govt is feeling guilty that they are actually charging us too much, and thus removing the charges at certain gantries.

Of cos, I am being naive once again, this is the Singapore govt that we are talking about, the one that will hardly do anything for the locals, but will go all out to court foreign acceptance and praise.

Maybe I'm being extreme, but I think I'm just really jaded. Being always second class in my own country.

No ERP charges at some gantries
05:55 AM Sep 19, 2009
There will be no Electronic Road Pricing at several gantries next week, as these may interfere with sensitive video transmission equipment used for the Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix.

Gantries at New Bridge Road, South Bridge Road and on the ECP (east-bound) from Ophir Road will not be in operation on Sept 24 and 25, between 6pm and 8pm.

Gantries at Temasek Boulevard and Republic Boulevard will not be in operation on the same days, between noon and 8pm, and also on Sept 26, between 12.30pm and 8pm.

For more information on traffic arrangements next week, log on to www.lta.gov.sg/SGNightRace.htm.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment